Fashion Meets Friday: Trend Alert -Slider Slippers

So if you don't remember these babies back in the day, and i'm talking about the early nineties, we had the translucent version of these slippers, which always ended up hurting my feet as I have a narrow, long foot, which always ended up sliding forward, pitching half of my foot out the top of the slipper. Need I paint this funny and awkward looking picture for you. A tall young girl, with feet hanging out the top of her slippers - lol, I know, not funny at all but the humor gets me every single time I think of those slippers.

However, I must add lately, these slider slippers have made a major comeback with not only prettier designs but very soft, insides of the slippers. Also, there is a design for every single person out there, from furry ones, ruffles, embroidery and even chained slippers.

These slippers retail anywhere between R99.99 to R119.99 and the branded ones are more pricier with slippers retailing at R1299.  Slippers are available from The Fix, Mr Price stores nationwide, sportscene and also online stores.

Let me know what your thoughts are on these rider slippers.


Comments

Popular Posts